Sunday, September 9, 2012

Owl Pellets...Day 2 Dissection

I dissected an owl pellet.  I had a bird in my owl pellet.  It was really fun.
 I took it home and played with it.  
Coleman I.
Writer of the week

This week we dissected owl pellets.  I thought it was going to be really gross. 
But it was just fur and bones.
Reiney M.
Photographer of the Week
Reiney took all the pictures posted this week.

Lewis was all hands in for this dissection.

William tried very hard to match up his pellet bones
to the rodent skeleton taped in his journal.

Glynn and Reiney getting ready to open up their pellets.

I'm not so sure about this Mrs. Benton.

"Look at what's in mine.  I see bones!"

Elizabeth and Lily study their bone identification charts.

"You can have most of my bones Trey. 
My mom would freak out if I brought these home."

This is soo cool Mrs. Benton.  Can I keep it?