Thursday, September 29, 2011

Joints

Look at my joints!
Ball-and-socket.  Get it?
Miming ball-and-socket joints.
 Our class recently learned about the three main types of joints.  I
placed the students in small groups and assigned the groups either a hinge joint, ball-and-socket joint, and gliding joint.  The students mimed a joint while the other groups had to correctly identify the joint.  After guessing the joints, I asked the groups to create some type of action or stance that represented the chosen joint.  As always I was extremely impressed with their creativity.
Interpretation of a gliding joint
A moving ball-and-socket joint
Cheering on her team using
ball-and-socket joints.
Way too much fun happening here.

Gliding Joints
Waving with my gliding joints.
We are moving in limited ways.
Gliding away.